Saturday, May 24, 2014

Smells like...(From April 5th)

20 years ago it stopped smelling like teen spirit and as quickly as it replaced the King of Pop on the music charts, grunge soon faded away as a former Mouseketeer ushered in a new era of bubble gum music that continues to this day. Sure there have been some quality bands since and other genres have arose briefly during this era, but nothing changed the fabric of music in the early 1990's more than Kurt Cobain, Dave Grohl, and Krist Novoselic. I'll never forget the first time I heard them, I wasn't sure if I loved it or hated it, but I knew it was something special & something I better understand quickly. Their music stands the test of time, a tribute to their hard work, musical skills, and embodiment of the spirit of Rock-N-Roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment